Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

JP Surf Plus (2024)

Created by Rossall A week ago, 6 Sep 2024
Rossall
WA, 709 posts
6 Sep 2024 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

This little beauty has flown under my radar and I had not seen any info on it in the press but after seeing it in the flesh I pulled the trigger on the 8/3 a couple of months ago and just backed it up with the 8/6 for windy choppy days here in WA. if I had to design a new custom this ticks all the box's. The 8/3 is like a Swiss Army Knife and just seems to do everything really well and becoming my go to board for 80% of our local conditions. The boards are super light, sub 7 kg for the 8/3, sensible bit of nose rocker for late drops, stupidly stable yet turns remarkable, smooth on the bottom turns and releases nice off the lip, love it.
more to come

Slab
1098 posts
7 Sep 2024 4:16AM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board ...it's like they've taken the older Surf Wide version (which is a great fun board) and tuned it right up and turbo charged it in all the right places. And at that weight it will feel so easy to flick around.

Rossall
WA, 709 posts
8 Sep 2024 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Slab really enjoying the 8/3 and the 8/6 will get an outing soon, hopefully similar to its little brother. In comparison to the old surf wide boards JP has increased the nose and tail rocker, thinned out the rails and reduced the width but kept the flatish deck which altogether seems to work great.

backbeach
NSW, 121 posts
Monday , 9 Sep 2024 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Rossal my 8'3" is on the slow boat due Oct and will add to this thread then.
Just looked at the design online and knew that it was a well thought out intermediate shape worth a gamble. Well that and a recommendation from a board whore ;-).
I've decided to keep my 8'10" smik as a rough weather ride but look forward to your review of the 8'6" JP.
BTW notice no rail tape. Not a fan?

Rossall
WA, 709 posts
Monday , 9 Sep 2024 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

The 8/3 is taped just haven't hatime to get to the local and buy some 3m. Should get the 8/6 out this week.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"JP Surf Plus (2024)" started by Rossall